Monday, October 7, 2013

Summer Adventures




Warning. This is going to be the longest post ever. We had so many summer adventures. Now that fall is starting we're saying goodbye to the warm weather and hello to sweaters, boots and pumpkins!




We went hiking around Beaver Dick Park (yes…that really is its name.) We waded through the river trying to catch frogs and had fun taking pictures that looked like we were walking on water.






Our next adventure was with Kevin and Karina. We went camping up at Flathead Lake in Montana. Timmons and I were in charge of the food. We had tin foil dinners, Dutch oven cobbler, s’mores and breakfast burritos. We went swimming at two different beaches and had a blast.  There were cherry stands everywhere. Kevin and Karina were nice enough to buy us a case of the famous Flathead Lake cherries! 


We finished the trip with root beer floats at A & W. Yum!



 
                    













We met Kevin and Karina a week later at the Madison County Fair. We didn’t do much because the prices were ridiculous, but we did have fun listening to the music and eating FUNNEL CAKE. The fair also inspired me to learn how to make home-made kettle corn. I’m super awesome at it. For reals.

 Andrew and I went to the St. Anthony sand bar and swam. They have a nice water slide into the river. Timmon’s favorite activity was trying to catch the really tiny and really fast fish. He did not succeed. We saw these two crazy kids running all over the place. They were super giggly. This was why. They buried their dog, and he didn’t seem to mind.



We also went to St. Anthony's used bookstore and browsed around for a few hours. They had my favorite childhood book series, Sweet Valley Twins. I hope I can still find them when I have a daughter old enough to read them! Timmons got a few of books he had been wanting. He loves to read!

The last summer activity was a long hike up to the Darby Wind Caves with Kevin and Karina.  Let’s just say that this was the longest hike of my life. I really wanted to see the waterfall, but I guess we went at the wrong time of the year, cause it was kind of dinky. It was still pretty fun though. Fun and exhausting. After we were done, we all had pizza and crashed.

It's sad that the summer is over, but I am also extremely excited for fall. Bring it on!

-Mo

P.S. Tomorrow is Timmon's birthday. I think we might do something special. :)

3 comments:

  1. so. precious. and i just saw the 'how it all started' video...so cute :') i giggled while watching the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm glad you were entertained. :) I miss you Teeno!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you guys had a TON of fun! Hopefully the party went well?

    ReplyDelete