Monday, November 18, 2013

Catchup 4: Fall Festivities


I love fall. That's it. No ifs, ands or buts. I wish sometimes that winter would never come, and it would always be fall. Unfortunately...winter always comes in Idaho. It comes and refuses to leave until June. This year, we tried to make the most out of fall.

I blast John Denver anywhere I go (my fall music, much to Andrew's dismay). I made pumpkin cookies, zucchini bread and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I undid a scarf I wasn't happy with and started knitting it again. Yes. Fall is a wonderful time.

After getting spooked straight at Frightmares...and I mean spooked- those suckers in costume would sneak up on you- we decided to start going on a few more relaxing dates. Fall themed, of course.
We ended up going to the corn maze (free tickets from work again!), apple picking and to a pumpkin patch.

The corn maze was really fun. We basically got lost...... threw stuff at each other..... and played hide and seek.     Oh, and we got hot cocoa of course!

When we went apple picking, I had envisioned making applesauce. After we finished picking, I
realized that we didn't have enough apples for
applesauce. Before I could think of another delectable creation to make, Andrew had eaten them all. Not even joking. He ate every. single. apple we picked. How can I blame him? He's a man who loves his fruit.



I caught him taking a bite while picking.

And we all know fall would not be complete without a few pumpkins. We went to the Red Barn Pumpkin Patch by Tautphas Park. We found two awesome pumpkins, a rope swing and....wait for it.




KITTIES!!! Now, you may be thinking 'Morgan hates kitties.' Oh. But not these kitties. These kitties were the nicest, sweetest kitties in the whole entire world. They came right up to me and started snuggling. They would play with me while I dangled straw in their face. Even though they had claws, they never used them. They would only paw playfully and purr. I considered stealing them, but I found out they were owned by a little girl in a nearby house, so I tore myself away from their cuteness. It was terribly difficult though.

We still have a few more weeks, but when it's over...I will be sad to see fall go. It has been a good one.

-Mo

2 comments:

  1. Applesauce! This reminds me that I still need to bring over a can of Applesauce! *facepalm* Loving your catch-up series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hijacked the idea from your blog. You were catching up on your days of thanksgiving, and I was thinking that I was way behind on all my blogging. :)

      Delete